Setting the Standard for Restorative Care
Over the last thirty years, dental implants have become the gold standard of tooth replacement. These permanent restorations offer remarkable stability, and they are virtually identical to natural teeth. Dr. Foust works with several local oral surgeons to provide top-quality implant restorations.
The Basics of Dental Implants
Dental implants are small titanium posts surgically placed into your jawbone.The post and your bone osseointegrate to become one, so the posts are as strong and stable as your natural dental roots. Although Dr. Foust does not perform this surgery herself, she partners with several oral surgeons who do. When your recovery is complete, Dr. Foust will attach your custom-crafted restoration to the top of the implant posts. Implants can support a single crown, a bridge, and even a full denture.
The Advantages of Dental Implants
There are a number of reasons that dental implants may be the right treatment for you.
- Implants are permanent. When you care for them properly, they could last the rest of your life.
- Implants are stable. They will never slip out of place when you are eating or talking.
- Implants protect your jawbone health. They are the only restorative treatment that can keep your jawbone from shrinking.
- Implants look extremely lifelike. They will be custom-crafted to match your smile, and they sit directly against your gums.
- Thanks to their many advantages, implants can give you a beautifully restored smile and a greater sense of confidence.
Are Implants Right for You?
If you are missing one or more teeth, and you are looking for the most stable, lifelike restorations available, you may be a good candidate for dental implants. To qualify for this treatment, you must have enough jawbone structure to support the implant posts. Dr. Foust will provide a full consultation and exam. If she determines that you are a candidate for implants, she will refer you to an oral surgeon for the first part of your treatment. To schedule your consultation, call Dental Impressions at (515) 965-0230. Since 2006, Dr. Foust has proudly served the residents of Ankeny, IA, as well as residents from Alleman, Elkhart, Bondurant, and all surrounding communities.