As you have probably noticed if you have ever set foot in the dental hygiene aisle, there are many, many varieties of toothpaste out there. The differences don’t stop at the brand or the flavor. They keep going, including everything from the texture and color of the paste you select to the special features they offer. Do you know how to best navigate this little world, while coming out with a winner? If not, we are happy to offer you some initial guidance (for further assistance, come on in for a checkup).
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you are experiencing tooth sensitivity, there’s no reason to go out and buy toothpaste for sensitivity. It isn’t going to provide you with any relief.
- True or False: When you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile because it is discolored, purchasing whitening toothpaste for your dental hygiene will quickly brighten your smile up by several shades.
- True or False: Since fluoride can cause stomach upset in very large dose (if you were to eat a large portion of a tube or more), you should avoid fluoridated paste just to be on the safe side.
- False. Actually, toothpaste that has been formulated for tooth sensitivity really does offer you the protection you want, so teeth feel comfortable again. Just make sure you use it as directed on the box.
- False. Whitening toothpaste can help give your teeth a bit of an extra kick if they’re already vibrant. It can also help you prevent additional stains in the future. However, the only way you can achieve serious whitening is with a cosmetic treatment.
- False. While you should certainly monitor your young children during dental hygiene to ensure they are spitting out their toothpaste instead of swallowing it, fluoridated paste is absolutely safe (and suggested) for daily use. Just don’t eat it!
Ask Your Toothpaste Questions During Your Visit
Remember that there’s a lot to learn about your smile, so we will always be happy to answer the questions that come up for you. We can fill you in on all of the information you need. Visit us for a dental checkup in Ankeny, IA by contacting Dental Impressions to schedule a visit at (515) 965-0230.